Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mongolian Death Knell

Okbai.
The Mongolian Grill that Leslie and I go to for lunch every Friday by Juanita Beach Park has closed. They had a sign  up Friday which basically said:

HI CUSTOMERS. OUR LEASE EXPIRED. OKBAI.

So, we went over to Noppakao which is right there and has excellent Thai food. We love Noppakao anyway so not the end of the world, but it was a surprise.

Thai food is a good healthy eating choice - lots of stir fried veggies and proteins, and you can get it without rice and noodles if you want to stay on the healthy path.

I went for the "Heavenly Oyster Whatever" (OK, I forget the name) - but basically, it is a stir fry with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and chicken, and I asked for extra chicken.  3 star, which for them isn't too deadly.

It's delicious. Here you go.


Heavenly Oyster Sauce Whatever - in all its glory.


Zooming in so you can be all, "Oh, look. A zoomed in shot."

Well, this has inspired me a bit, too. I recently determined I am BORED of most of the food I am cooking lately and need to try somethings new. So, I think I will try and figure out how to replicate the dish above. How hard can it be, after all?

The topic of chili came up again today too - and then soup.  I have to tell you. I am no great lover of soup, and I plan to wage full-on war against it in a future post.

Oh, soup. You are going down.

Down to Chinatown.


WHATEVER THAT EVEN MEANS.  >: |

1 comment:

  1. Soup is amazing. It wont go down without a fight.

    ReplyDelete