Thursday, November 3, 2011

Girardi's Osteria

Wednesday was Dawn's birthday and we went out to eat at Girardi's Osteria down in Edmonds.  We've been there once before, this year on Valentine's day.  This place is a really awesome Italian eatery, with THE best bruschetta.

Eating out is definitely a challenge in the road to weight loss, but not an insurmountable challenge.  I did have a little bit of the bruschetta, but a modest amount.  This is the first time I have had bread of any kind since August this year.

I asked Dawn, "Is it weird that I haven't had bread for several months?"  She thought it was.  So do I.  It was delicious but I think I am gonna keep that off the menu for the time being regardless - it was a special occasion.

Dawn had some awesome butternut squash ravioli for dinner.  I had grilled coho salmon with veggies (Asparagus, zucchini, cauliflower, green beans, peppers, carrots). My dinner came with polenta too, I shared that with Dawn - it was damned delicious.

I ate too much. I'll admit it.  I commented, "This is the first time I have felt this overly full in months. I know I used to do this all the time, eat until I was uncomfortably full. All the time."  So, the changes are making themselves known now.  I had most of the veggies boxed up and will have them with lunch tomorrow!

I had an extra pound on the scale this morning thanks to this adventure, but it was a happily earned one, haha.

On another note - I wrote, again. NaNoWriMo is in swing, I felt the tug. I have the groundwork for 2 books outlined, and I wrote part of a chapter today in my few spare moments.  I want to really dig into it in the next few days so, these blog posts are gonna get skinnier too.

I guess that's fitting.

Here are some pix from tonight. Enjoy. Happy birthday Dawn! :)

Bruschetta - asagio cheese, aged balsamic, capers, olives, tomato.. mmmm.

My scrumptious dinner. This restaurant is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment