Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday weigh-in, the big Five-Oh, and German Chow.


Click for Ze Big Version
 Goood morning, peoples. I was a little too busy (and then too preoccupied) to blog over the weekend.  Instead, I did something else - passed the 50 pounds lost milestone on my diet! Passed it and never looked back.  My official (Well, you know, as official as a weigh-in which consists of me and a scale at 6:45am can be) weight this morning was 268.1.  I had to check it about three times, I was so psyched.

Numbers do not lie.
To recap some numbers, since this is a numbers-y post, that means I have come down a total of 52.9lb, losing a cool 6.4 pounds this last week.  That's one of my biggest loss weeks since the start of this change, probably motivated by knowing I cheated the week before.  In the longer-haul, that puts my overall total loss at 71.9lb as you can see on this amazing Markmade™ chart.

While I will be the first person to tell anyone bored enough to listen that your weight on a scale is but one of many things which matter when losing weight and getting healthier, I think that's pretty damned awesome. :)

This weekend I did something I would have never even considered a year ago.  Dawn went off to Seattle to a photo class, and I knew we had a wedding reception (Congrats again Ted + Amy!) that night.  We didn't have a card yet... so I decided I'd just head out the door and walk to the store. Not the store 6 blocks down either, but the one about 1.5 miles from home.  After I got to the store and obtained cards: MISSION SUCCESS! -- I found it was pouring rain. So I walked 1.5 miles home in the pouring rain.

Guess I'll have a good story to tell them young whippersnappers some day. "When I was your age..."

Last night, Dawn and I did some grocery shopping and stopped at that same store when we finished up and I said, "I think I am gonna just have you leave me here, and I'll walk home. Yep, I'm serious." And off I went. :)

Amazing what you can do when you start to feel better.


Rollin' em up..

In other news, Christmas is just around the corner, about 6 weeks now. We always have some people over, a nice family and friends feast. That means this year, those coming to my place for Xmas chow get to eat food prepared by a vegetarian and a high-protein, low-fat diet enthusiast!

Dawn has decided in the wake of a kick-ass trip to Leavenworth this August that we're making German food for people this holiday.

Cookin 'ems!

She tried a few experimental recipes tonight as practice, and I was absolutely psyched by the results. Sure.. a little off-plan for me, but so tasty. And it's for the sake of the holidays.. so it's OK, right? Right?

She made some sauteed red cabbage with balsamic vinegar,  some spaetzle (egg noodle pasta) with meatless meatballs and mushroom sauce (Yes we used 98% fat free soup!), and a Rouladen (German meat-roll up) which I later labelled a meat zeppelin.  Oh, it was fantastic.  Thinly-pounded round steak brushed with Dijon mustard, diced onion, paprika + spices, and a few strips of turkey bacon, rolled up, cooked in a pan and served with gravy.

Yeah, I am not giving away more since this is an Xmas thing for peeps this year, but I had to share a few pix.  The cabbage was also pretty good but we think we'll try another recipe for that.
Anyway - in honor of passing the 50 pounds lost waypoint, I thought I'd make a little picture by way of celebration. So, here are 50 little pixel Marks. ;)



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight-loss milestone! Also, I was particularly impressed with how dry the card was when we received it. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete