Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday lunch+ walkin' the trail.

Being on vacation these last 2 days has been pretty nice, we didn't do much but the chill time has been refreshing.  Yesterday I took a nice roundabout walk to get to the store and pick some stuff up for Dawn, about 40 minutes.

Today, Leslie dropped by early in the day and we all went out to lunch and to Target to get some stuff for tomorrow.  We wound up over at Red Robin and Leslie promptly snagged a nutritional menu.

The two items there I have been getting when I go are the Ensenada Chicken Platter, and the sandwich you see here - their 'simply grilled chicken sandwich' - with a lettuce wrap.  About 350 calories in this thing, and another 32 in the steamed broccoli I had as a side dish.  Sodium, though, is 906.  Pretty steep! The platter, double that. Now mind you, that'd be if you included some of the stuff I don't eat like sauces, bun, etc.  Still, pretty much you are gonna get more sodium when you eat out.

The average burger on the menu? 1100-1300 calories. And that's not even including fries, fatty dipping sauces, etc.

Yikes.

That's as many calories as I eat in a whole day, just in a burger.

We hit target and walked around a bit, got some new hot pads and oven mitts, and Dawn and I scored some purple t-shirts to wear to the Saints Row party Leslie and Parul are throwing tomorrow. We're gonna represent. ;)

When we got back, Leslie and I hit the trail and did the 2+ mile walk around EdCC. I was afraid the leaves might have fallen all over the trail and would be a walking hazard, but it wasn't too bad... not sure if they keep the trail maintained year round or not.

I got this pretty snazzy shot of the clouds while we were out and about today.  It was supposed to SNOW a little today but it didn't happen.  In fact the sun was out - but it was cold. Anyway, here you go, and now I am off to prep some chicken to marinade for grilling tonight.  Dawn has been recovering from bronchitis too so we're pretty much zonked in the living room most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment