Saturday, October 22, 2011

Millin' it + Tikka Tikka!

Indian goodness from Saffron.
As the autumn weather starts to roll in, going for long walks outside becomes a bit more challenging. Luckily I have a treadmill at my place which my mother gave to me a few years ago.  It sat upstairs sad and alone in an unused bedroom until a few months ago, but now I have it in service.

Did 2 miles this morning (About 35 minutes, approx 3500 'steps'). It's a good and not too lengthy workout.  I try to add incline to things to so I am walking uphill the whole time.  It's effective, if much less fun than walking through an actual trail, etc.

I have a membership at a local gym too, but haven't made much use of it lately. That's another option and I think I need to get to it. Yeah, I know I mentioned the gym before in here and said I was going. Since I've been getting results without it I haven't bothered yet - excuse, excuse.. hah.

Went out to eat last night to Saffron Grill by the Northgate Mall.  It is a fantastic Indian restaurant which also serves some Mediterranean cuisine.  I had tandoori chicken tikka - very tasty, serves with onion, carrot, bell pepper and potato on the side. Donated my potato to Dawn.  Was very good and did not steal one of the fried veggie pakoras which came out for appetizer, or any of the naan, which is one of my favorite things at Indian restaurants.

So naturally, my next goal is ti figure out how to make chicken tikka at home. Can't be that tough - so expect to see a recipe sometime soon, as I have 4 chicken breasts hanging out in the kitchen.

Going to my brother's Halloween party tonight too - not sure what there will be to eat there, but I will be responsible. Promise. ;)

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment