Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Late Night Meatballs

Parsely, parmesan and basil meatballs.
10pm. Oops.. I don't have anything for lunch tomorrow. What have I got around.. let's see, some ground beef.. meatball time, yep.

For a recipe pulled out of thin air these came out goooood. Didn't measure the spices, to here's my best guesses.

1.15 lb 93/7 ground beef
1 egg, not beaten
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1.5 tbsp onion powder
1.5 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp oat bran (you could use bread crumbs)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I had the infamous Green Can)

Turn oven to 400.  Form meatballs about the size of a golf ball.  I chose to bake mine in muffin tins - I heard that tip on a cooking show, and wanted to see how it would go.  I baked them for 20 minutes - then turned them over with tongs, and turned on the broiler for 5 minutes to brown the other side.  This works very well, and much easier than pan-frying them.

Delicious! They would be good solo but I made some of the Asian dipping sauce from my turkey + shrimp meatballs and it will go nicely I think.

And now some photo stuffs.

All the stuff before mixing

Meatballs in the muffin tins

After 20 minutes at 400. Time to broil.

Meatballs are an easy way to go when short on time.  Plus you can eat them cold later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment