Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken with capers and lemon sauce.

Tried something a little different last night. Found a recipe and didn't have all the stuff for it so I improvised a little.  I wasn't 100% thrilled with the result so I won't bother posting a whole recipe here... maybe next time when I get it right.

2 chicken breasts trimmed and pounded to 1/2" thickness. Lightly dusted with corn starch and pan seared then set aside.

Sauce made from white wine, lemon, garlic, pepper and rosemary, deglazing the pan. The sauce came out too lemony, I just had my proportions a little wrong.  Oh yeah and as you can see, capers as well.  I bought the smaller ones, they were a little oily for my tastes, I'll try the larger ones for the next attempt. I can't decide if I like capers.

The sauce would have been better with less lemon and perhaps a bit of vinegar or some mustard tossed in.  Here's a nice pic of it brewing though, it was fun to make.

I got carried away when it reduced faster than I expected and added more lemon. Should have added more wine and a splash of water instead.

That's the pleasure of experimenting though, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment