Thursday, October 20, 2011

Busy busy busy busy..

Click me to see EVEN MORE BROWN PHOTO.
Today has been a whirlwind day!  At 7:15am while on the way to work a co-worker called to tell me she has car trouble.  I offered to pick her up and take her in.

She and 1 other from my department were scheduled to go help present a class at the Bellevue Sheraton - which she wasn't going to make. That left 1 person to do the class.  If I drove her there, that'd leave only 1 person to grab calls at work.

Solution? I dropped her at the office, and I drove to Bellevue to spend 4 hours helping with the class.  After that, got back to the office, found out I left my water bottle behind.  2 calls to the hotel didn't turn it up. 

Finally got to my desk at 2:30pm,  promptly asked by one of our company directors to go sit in a meeting my direct manager was supposed to be in (He's in Hawaii - and actually today is his wedding day down there!) So I go to this meeting.  Then I get back to my desk, and find a giant mound of paperwork I need to shuffle through and get out to some people.

Then I took my first 15 minute walk of the day, and snapped the pic above (and used a nifty filter to make it all autumn-y).  First time since 7:15am I have had a moment to myself to think.

Dawn has a roast beef going in the crock pot at home for me.  It is nestled in a bed of onions, celery, green peppers, rosemary, and other seasonings.  The cats are probably going apeshit smelling it all day long.

I told her...

She might find me passed out in the middle of the kitchen floor, bathed in the juices from the roast, snoring.

Bahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment