Friday, December 2, 2011

Pix or it didn't happen.

You already know I am full of hot air, so here is a picture to prove it - Dawn snapped this one of me Thanksgiving day demonstrating how cold it is.  Also, I guess, to show how my beard is turning very grey these days. Damn you, passage of time. Hey, maybe this means I am filled with wisdom!

Yeah, I can't back that up. ;)

So this morning I am down to 257.5 pounds, a drop of 3.5 since Monday, but then I have been working on that, getting more than 5K steps/day on purpose and not taking shortcuts for anything.

Figured it was probably about time to post another pic since I think the last one was sometime in early November.  Hey, I'm shaped more like a kidney bean from the side now and less like a tomato - I'll take it! Here you go, folks.


I has skinny legs now. My pants are huge!
 I am running into a bit of a problem when it comes to my wardrobe, namely, almost none of my clothes fit any more. That includes jackets, shoes and socks, pants, etc.  It's a good and a bad problem to have, as clothing can get a bit spendy and (knock on wood) I am going to do down more sizes before I am done with the battle of Mark vs. Mark.

I've rediscovered the simple joy in a few things lately. Things such as, being able to sit cross-legged on a couch and be comfortable for a long period of time. Being able to actually feel my ribcage.  Looking down and seeing feet. Etc.

I'm not blogging every day any more, because I fear that I will simply run out of things to put up here that are more interesting than, "Yesterday I did blah blah blah."  But I am still updating with my milestones and any time I think I need to share something.  This blog is mostly for me, anyway, but I am pleased that at least a few other people are reading it here and there and I hope it has been helpful.  If nothing else, maybe you have tried some of the recipes. If not, seriously, try the chili lime chicken marinade, or the chili. Fan-tastic.

I have a lot of goals for the next few years and some of them are only lately becoming more realistic to me.  Achieving success as I have to far in my health has really given me more self confidence in general, and I think it is paying off.  I feel like doing more things, and I feel my creative side awakening, which is awesome.  In college I used to make music, write stories and poetry, draw, sculpt.. you name it, and over the last 15 years I have slowly wound down and down and down.

Those of you reading who don't maybe know, I have another website - my Tumblr site, where you can check out some of my creative stuff.  it's right here: krepela.tumblr.com

I can't thank my wife enough for being awesome during the last few months and supporting me.  She is a hell of a creative chicka herself, a writer, photographer, baker, glass-maker and so much more.  I'm a lucky guy to have such a fantastic person at my side always.  My friends have been awesome too, very supportive of changes.

I am really looking forward to 2012. There's a rumor the world is supposed to end. I don't think so, I think it's going to begin anew personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment