Monday, December 12, 2011

An even week. Weigh in time.

Click for Ze Big Version™
So I have been doing this crazy new diet/exercise thing for 15 weeks now.  I am pretty in tune with what will help me and what will hinder me, and when I deviate more towards the latter these days it is will full knowledge of what I am up to.

That was this week, but a couple of reasons. One of them was I wasn't feeling very good Monday - I had major aches and pains in my chest which travelled to my shoulders, neck, and arms.  Soreness I earned by deciding to run the couple of days right before that.  I'd like to say it was worth it but I was miserable because of it. That made it easier to give myself a pass on walking when Friday rolled along and we had a party for work, where we spent all day down in Seattle. No walks that day. I did eat responsibly for the most part.


Oh hi, non-diet-compatible food.
Then we hooked up with Jason and went out to get Indian food, and I indulged in rice, naan bread, sauces, etc. Followed it up with dessert at home, some chocolate brownie ice cream.  Next day, hanging out with Jason we hit up a diner, and I decided I'd get a chicken sandwich that had feta cheese on it, and of course, buttery grilled rye bread.

No walks Saturday, either. Kept it easy and mellow.

At one point this week I was down to 255, but then I had those couple days and settled right back up at 257-258, where I started out.  No loss, no gain.  No biggie.

Back on track in the new week!  There's an insurance company phrase called 'accident forgiveness' - I think I will give myself some 'Nomming forgiveness.'


Be happy, tree hat guy! It's Christmas!

We also ended the weekend in a proper healthy manner - by doing the 2011 Jingle Bell Run/Walk down in Seattle, a 3.2 mile (5K) walking course through the streets of Seattle.  Parul took fantastic pictures, so I will just send you over to his flickr site to see them.

That said, he's one of my favorites ->

There were tons of people there with some awesome hats and stuff. I challenged Parul to find someone wearing a super-festive hat, but who looked grouchy about it - he definitely won that challenge with this shot.

All in all it was a busy week and the weekend was busy as well.  I guess I technically did walk Saturday as Dawn and I ran a bajillion errands, including a foolish trip to the Alderwood Mall where we walked and mingled with the sea of humanity which was there.  Not a good idea.

I feel much better this week, and I am ready to focus again and keep battling myself.

Over 'n out.

No comments:

Post a Comment