Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Weigh-In + Weekend Stuffs

Click for Ze Big Version™
Good morning, humans.

I had a pretty decent week, sliding down another few pounds. My low was 252 even yesterday morning, but this morning I was back up a tad. Hey, I had a nice steak dinner last night, sue me! :)

I had a particularly sinful meal this weekend while company was over, some delivery Chinese food from the place down the block. I had a small portion of rice and noodles, and then some Mongolian beef, a potsticker, and a portion of sweet and sour chicken.  I wanted to see what was going to happen in the wake of it. The answer? Not much. As predicted in the Dukan diet book - having an off-plan meal occasionally is just fine, and I have definitely kept it very occasional.

I did experience something this weekend for the first time in months, though, which surprised me.  The return of the urge to snack.  Up until now, I have not really felt that very much.  If I had to guess, I would say it came back at me due to a combination of eating meals at improper times (I had late breakfast one morning, and very late lunch yesterday) - and also my metabolism is in a slightly higher gear, I might not be getting enough calories. Time to re-check that.  I added something new to my diet recently too, occasionally - the Clif Builder's bars. They have a pretty solid amount of protein in them and lots of vitamins, they are a good once in a while addition to things.  I've been looking for the best deal on them too and it looks like of all places, Amazon might be the one - you can 'subscribe' to them, and have some delivered on a regular basis, and they become cheaper than at any store around us (even Trader Joe's.)

We had a pretty social weekend.  Friday we went to hang out with the Bhargavas, and Jason.  It was a pretty chill evening, primarily comprised of sitting around playing Saints Row 3 and getting Leslie to giggle.  The day after that, Jason and Ron came over to hang out and we had the Chinese food I mentioned above, watched some movies, etc.  Dawn and I managed to get the rest of our holiday shopping done and now we're able to just relax this week heading into Christmas.  I had a fun moment when we were at the Fred Meyer in Lynnwood - a co-worker of mine who is at a different office bumped into us and gave me a very funny look and said, "Wow. Did you lose a bunch of weight recently? You look great!" I'll admit it feels pretty awesome hearing something like that.

And now, a video of my bubble lights, because they are awesome. Thanks for reading, peoples.




No comments:

Post a Comment