Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Overdoing it.

Monday night about 8pm, I started to have a really nasty ache in my chest, upper shoulders and back.  It came on gradually but didn't take too long to rear up and kick my butt.

I was freaking out about it at first.  Understandably.. but, then I thought about what I'd been up to recently and came to the conclusion I was most likely suffered from kicking my own ass this past weekend by running - and running in the cold, to boot.

I've run into this before - delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) - when I first went to the gym in early 2010.  Work out, feel good... then 24-48 hours later, your muscles feel like they are shredded and burn and ache like hell.  This time it's the muscles in my chest and lungs, thanks to breathing harder than I am used to, and out in the nice 33 degree air for that matter.

I wasn't able to sleep until 2am and that means I got about 4 hours of sleep before work Tuesday. I was a zombie all day and barely remember what I was up to.  Took lots of potent ibuprofen and got good sleep last night. Today I feel just fine, but a little sleepy.

Dawn and I swung by the mall to get our Xmas cards (we have Kits Camera print them up after she designs them) - and I had a very tasty Chinese chicken salad from Claim Jumper, pictured above.  Not too bad - 430 calories of salad, 90 for dressing, which I didn't add extra.  Looking at the nutrition guide there - they have a chicken broccoli alfredo which is 3000+ calories.

Sweet bippy!

Making smarter food choices lately has definitely done me lots of favors.

In other news, it looks like people I know have donated $106 towards the Jingle Bell Run/Walk this weekend in sponsorship of me. That's really awesome! Thanks all, it is for a good cause.
Alrighty, short blog this time. I have lots of stuff to get done, over and out, kaybye.

No comments:

Post a Comment