Thursday, December 8, 2011

42->38

I have a work holiday party every year around the second Friday in December.  This year, our office is going down to Hard Rock Cafe in Seattle all day tomorrow.  In preparation I always comb the closet looking for something nice to wear - something between t-shirt and jeans, and formal attire.

I was SOL this year. All the 'nicer' shirts I have are huge on my now, and my pants, too.  It's a good problem to have right up until you need something to wear for an event.

Dawn took me out shopping last night, and I can't thank her enough for it. Fashion sense isn't exactly something I have.  For me, for years, clothing has been something I buy from a single place which carries sizes that work for me (3XLT shirts, 44/30 or 42/30 pants).  It's still pretty new to me to be able to go to anyplace that sells men's clothing and be able to find things.  If that sounds weird to you, that's just how it is when you're a guy who is 6'1" and used to being 320+ pounds.  Now that I am down to 258, I have many more options.

My best surprise last night - Dawn grabbed me a couple pair of pants, since mine are getting ridiculous.  She grabbed a 40/30 and a 38/30.  I went ahead and tried the 38" waist pair and.. they fit. I could sit comfortably, didn't need a belt to keep them up, etc.

I've lost 4 inches from my waist, the pair I walked into the store wearing (which I got about 4 months ago) were 42" waist.

Woo!

She picked a very nice shirt for me too. I'll have a picture tomorrow of course.

Anyway, it was a great mood booster. I needed it this week, as I have been hurting the last few days and it is only now finally abating.  I want to be ready to rock the walk this Sunday.

Not any more, sarcastic yellow guy. Take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment