Friday, September 16, 2011

Props

Thanks, peeps!

People who have helped or inspired me so far with weight loss:

Joanne: My sister got me to go to the gym with her last January, and we went regularly for most of the year, at least 2 times a week.  It got me to realize how much I needed it.  When our schedules diverged later we stopped going at the same time, but it was awesome. She also suggested the Dukan diet - which is what I'm on, for three weeks so far.

Dawn: My wife, who started going with me to the gym - up until her wrist was accidentally broken in November 2010, which took that off the plate for her for a while.  We go for walks and will get back to the gym with winter settling in soon, too.  She has been very supportive of my decision to diet and is doing her own version as a vegetarian.

Leslie + Parul: Good friends who have made amazing progress on the 20/20 weight-loss program. They have lost 140 pounds so far between them in just 18 weeks - that's hardcore. Talking to Leslie a lot especially, has helped me get to the stage I'm at now and it's a good mutual support structure.

Everyone else I know: The support has been very awesome. I had to make sure everyone knew I was doing this, and people are keeping my in line. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment