Monday, September 26, 2011

The Foreman Grill - your Dukan Buddy

Let's face it, the Dukan Diet calls for you to cook a ton of meat. During the summer the BBQ is an easy way to do this but this time of year that gets a little cold to do.

I never owned a George Foreman Grill until a few months ago and I was missing out on a great way to make grilled food indoor.  I got the one you see here for a measly $12 at Fred Meyer - they had them 50% off. Even at full price this is worth it.

Mine is the second-to-smallest model, it has a power switch and a cord. You plug it in, turn it on - in 5 minutes it is heated and ready to go.  Just toss on any prepared piece of meat and follow a simple cooking times chart and you get very quick, easy meals.  You don't even need nonstick spray - and cleaning is a matter of using a damp sponge, gently. This thing rocks!


To me this is critical because I need to pre-cook stuff to take for lunches at work.  I image without it, I would be a lot more tempted to stray from my diet.

Case in point - this morning I had no lunch to take.  In less than 15 minutes I was able to quickly season a chicken breast (Mrs. Dash no-salt seasoning and some cracked black pepper), toss it on the foreman, into a tupperware dish and I had simple Dukan-appropriate lunch.  I ate it with a tiny dab of mustard, also allowed.

Healthy, non-double-bacon-cheeseburger cheat item. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Haven't commented before mark but do want you to know-I read your blog everyday-Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same model Foreman grill as you and you're right, it's easy and the meat is always juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It cooks stuff so fast, that's why. Made a delicious steak tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to look into one of those. and I am enjoying reading your blog

    ReplyDelete