Monday, July 23, 2012

Dukan Reboot!


Click for Ze Big Version

Last week I started the Dukan Diet all over again, from the ground up.  Since ending my strict adherence to the diet in January this year, I put about 10 pounds back on and knew it was time to get back on track.

I didn't weigh in yet this week but expect to see that number dip down lower as I shed water weight, since I am back on a no/low salt diet.  I'm  not worried about putting 10 pounds on, since I know I have all the right tools and motivation to be able to lose it.  I also have the privilege of a lot of support from family and friends, and my very small number of blog readers (thanks for being here, sorry, there's no free beer.)

Putting things back into perspective is a good start for me.  I weighed 340 pounds at one point. Now I'm 260, and slowly falling. I've still managed to shed 80 pounds.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  Let me see.. how to best put that into perspective? The average weight of a thanksgiving turkey from the store is about 15 pounds. Let's call it 20 to be generous. That means.. if I wanted to replicate what it was like to be me at my heaviest right now, I'd need to..


Pick up 4-5 of these at once and lug them about 24/7!!!
Alrighty!

I feel sufficiently motivated now. :)

I have another tool in my arsenal, a new grill we bought after moving. I'm learning my way around it still - it's much better than my trusty ancient one I ditched during the move. Grilling is a fantastic way to cook healthy veggies and meats, no matter the time of year.  This one took about 4 hours to put together, has a nice little side burner. Nothing fancy, but it makes me happy.

We also haven't quite gotten to housewarming yet and a grill is downright necessary for that IMHO.
Over and out - wish me luck in round 2!


Some guy

3 comments:

  1. Wooooo! Go Mark!! Great job and keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 pounds is a tremendous achievement, Mark!! No matter how much more you want to lose, you have still done well over half already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! And congrats on the new bbq; I love cooking on the grill! Unfortunately where I live, that's only for the summer months...but I sure am enjoying it right now! -Gwen

    ReplyDelete