Monday, March 5, 2012

Life is a busy thing.

Potential new kitchen? Hmmmm...
I've really been pressed for time lately, and the blog has fallen into a lower priority as a result. Sorry about that, my few reader peeps.

We did go to Hawaii and have a hell of a time and when I get a few minutes I'm going to share some of those pix and stories. It was amazing.. first vacation we managed to do which didn't involve the words Las or Vegas.

Recently, life took an unexpected turn for us when we found out the landlords we lease our townhouse from decided, "Oh, we won't actually bother paying for the building we own any more. Nobody will mind... right?"

We were sitting at home a few Fridays back and saw a camera flash on the front porch - and then discovered a private notice that they defaulted on their payments for this building three months ago. I'm still not entirely sure what the process is - but it'll be months before they either succeed or fail to make amends - worse case scenario, they foreclose, the bank sells the place to someone else.

We want to be out of here before that happens. Less headache.. we wanted to move anyways.

So we're looking into the possibility of becoming first time home owners, working with an agent who is a family friend of a few years and who is helping us freak out a little less - we've been out peeking at a few houses, the picture up there is the kitchen in one of them.

More on that as we go but this is why I am busy lately and don't have much time for blogging!

Meanwhile, we've also been enjoying ourselves out and about.  My diet is still on cruise control - I'm not gaining weight but not losing anything, hanging out between 250 and 252 for a month or so now. I can live with that for the moment.

We found a fantastic place in Edmonds called The Loft.  I indulged in pancetta, walnut and wine-sauce prawns, asparagus and roasted potatos.

Here you go, enjoy my sinful feast. I promise to get back on track and blog more productively soon as I can. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment